Welcome to the "Musician's Guide" Series!
This series is pulled directly from the courses I've created for my university position in Music Business. All of these courses are designed for the everyday musician - amateur or professional - who has little or no knowledge on the topic, but wants to master it.
This class is all about Record Labels and Record Deals.
It is ideal for anyone who is interested in seeking out a record deal or is already considering one.
- Musicians: If you are making music, and considering a record deal, please watch this class!
- Producers: Before you sign on the dotted line, watch this class to be sure you understand everything you are signing up for.
- Bands: Maybe you are considering avoiding record labels, and starting your own independent label. This class is for you, too!
- Curious Minds: Anyone interested in how record labels work is invited to be a part of this class.
We will start with traditional record label deals, and progress forward to talking about more modern deals. We will talk a lot about the "need" for a record deal in the modern age, and how you can get by without one at all. I'll walk you through every issue in the contract so you fully understand what is being asked.
The goal of this class is for you to understand what is in-between the lines of the contract.
This course is NOT specific to any DAW program.
The recording studio has no genre - so all are welcome here.
- Working with Producers
- Owning the "Master"
- Loan-Out Companies
- Roles of a Record Company
- Work For Hire
- Scope of the Record Deal
- Term of the Record Deal
- Additional Song Options
- Other Options
- Release Commitment
- Royalty Rate
- Royalty Basis
- Royalty Deductions
- 360 Deals
- Producer Contracts
- And much, much more!
REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
Members – Claim your seat now!
(Non-members redirected to purchase membership)