Welcome to Sound Design Recipe Book, Vol 3: Drums and Vocals!
In this class, you won’t just be hearing from me. You will have 5 incredibly experienced, professional instructors. I’ll be one of them, but I’ve brought in some of the top sound designers working right now to give up their secrets.
- Jack Denny: Best known for his role as one of three producers and performers in the super-group Ternion Sound. These guys are all over the world right now.
- Joe Dumpling: Known primarily under his alias Dumpling, Joe is a top-notch producer and multi-instrumentalist. And an experienced teacher, too!
- Zak Khan: Zak is making some of the funkiest, coolest music I’ve heard in a long time, so I was super excited he agreed to help out with some videos here. Get ready for something special.
- James Patrick: You’ve met James before in some of my other classes, but he is also a world-renowned producer and performer, and accomplished teacher (and Ableton Certified Trainer)
- Me! I’ll be guiding you through all of the lessons from these guests and filling in anything that needs to be filled in.
The goal of this class is to help you define your sound by learning some of the tricks of the best in the world.
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
This course is NOT specific to any DAW program.
This is a course about techniques. Most techniques that you see the instructors doing can be replicated in several different applications. We will focus here on techniques, and learning with step-by-step examples of how to make specific sounds.
- Making Drum Sounds from Anything
- Giving Life to your Kick
- Transients and “Beaters”
- Making a Snare Drum Selector
- Giving Live to your Hihats
- The Original 808
- Recreating 808 Sounds
- Drum Fills
- Resampling Drums
- Finding Vocal Samples
- Chopping and Processing Vocal Samples
- Turning Vocals into Drum Sounds
- And much, much more!
About the Instructor
J. Anthony Allen is an Ableton Certified Trainer, and a PhD in Music Composition and master of Electronic Sounds. His music has been heard internationally in film, radio, video games, and industrial sound, as well as the concert hall and theater.
He currently is a professor of music at Augsburg University, and is the CEO and co-founder of Slam Academy in Minneapolis.
Praise for classes by J. Anthony Allen
“Without a doubt the best explanation and east of use that one can get. It leaves you enough room to go explore. The classes go by quick, so you can be on your way at being proficient. What are you wait for!”
“Amazing – Seriously Loved It! I took all his courses and have to say I’m so happy! Learnt loads! Jason is an awesome teacher!”
“I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going through this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me.”
“I like these courses because you can get up and running quickly without having to spend hours of time wading through TMI (too much information!). Jason hits the high points but shows you what you need to know. Thanks!”
“I’ve watched many other videos on scales and chords before, however, this one has been the best. I now understand minor scales and chords and even how to analyze songs. It really gave me the confidence to start producing music because I feel like I have some structure and guidelines to follow. AWESOME!”
“Clear and Informative – Jason has a clear uncluttered style (with the important dashes of humor) of presentation that is focused on the important key aspects of this course. Recommended for those starting out!”
“Dr. Allen does it again with his music theory series. This course really opened up everything I learned from the 1st section, and now I understand more about the composition side of things for music. I highly highly recommend this course to anyone!!! Really opened my eyes to many things I wasn’t aware of.”
“The Best Teacher Ever, who makes you understand the ins & outs of Music Theory by all means without giving what you don’t want to know.”
REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
Members – Claim your seat now!
(Non-members redirected to purchase membership)