If there is one thing Slam Academy sets out to do, it is to make electronic music accessible to everyone.
Through extraordinary acts of goodwill, we’ve been able to partner with some organizations and individuals to offer partial-funding scholarships in a few different areas. All of these scholarships are for programs only.
Slam Academy Young Producer Scholarship
This program is sponsored by the founders of Slam Academy to help with program access to younger students (age 17 and younger). Students selected for this program show a high aptitude for creativity and a deep desire to learn. The selected student will receive a 50% waiver on all classes and fees in either the Ableton User Program or Producer Program.
- Submit one-page letter of interest, showcasing your work in the past (in electronic music, or any art form). Highlight achievements you’ve accomplished so far in any area of your life.
- Submit at least one track that you have completed. This track should show your style – don’t worry about it being fully refined, we just want to see what you can do now.
Submit both of the above items to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Slam Academy Young Producer Scholarship has no deadline, and applications are accepted any time. Awards are made twice a year.
Spider J Hamilton 00 DJ Scholarship
“Someone in 1969 gave me a break, provided me with an opportunity and believed in me… now, many years, stations, and club gigs later, I am ‘The Original Ol’Skooler Spider J Hamilton 00.’ It’s time now for me to pay it forward; I’m in a position to launch someone else into this business we love, called ‘DJing’… it’s time for the Passing of the Torch!”
– Larry J Hamilton Sr.
This is a singular, full-ride scholarship opportunity from Spider J. Hamilton to attend Slam Academy’s 12-week DJ Program.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Resident of the Twin Cities or Greater Metro Area
- Have been DJing for 2 years or less, and looking to continue your career through Slam Academy’s DJ Program
- Submit 250 words or less expressing your interest with the subject line “DJ Scholarship Award” to email@example.com. Please highlight:
- Any musical experience or achievements
- Your interest in the art of DJing
- What you hope to get out of the Slam Academy DJ Program
Submit the above items to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. The current deadline is July 30th, 2016.
Slam Academy Military Personnel Scholarship
This scholarship was established to welcome home recently-active military but has been expanded to include retired personnel, and anyone who has served. The selected student will receive a 50% waiver on all classes and fees in any of our production programs, including the Ableton Program, Ableton Online Program, and DJ Program.
- Submit a short statement of interest, showcasing your work in the past (in electronic music, or any art form). Tell us why you are interested in Slam Academy, and what you hope to get out of our programs.
Submit the above item to email@example.com
The Slam Academy Military Personnel Scholarship has no deadline, and applications are accepted any time.
Not technically a scholarship, this is a program open to anyone that has taken one of our classes or programs. Anyone that has signed up and taken a program can retake the same program at 50% of its current price. No strings attached! To signup, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know which program.